Long hours of work, traveling in traffic or a rigorous workout takes a toll on your body, leaving you completely exhausted. Waking up to body pain and sore muscles is bound to happen. Now you definitely don’t want it to hinder your entire day so you try using a foam roller, an Epsom salt bath but none of it seems to be doing the trick. So it’s time to consider a relaxing massage.
But before we go ahead, let’s look at what causes body aches and sore muscles:
- Stress – When you are stressed, your immune system cannot respond to inflammation. Stress can cause tension in the body, ultimately leading to stiff muscles which cause body aches.
- Dehydration – Hydration plays an essential role in the healthy functioning of your body. Dehydration can sometimes cause a person to feel tired, sore and exhausted.
- Lack of sleep – Lack of sleep can lead to exhaustion and impact your overall health. It makes your body feel sluggish, heavy and achy. Your tissues and cells need enough sleep to stay refreshed. When the body does not have sufficient time to repair and recuperate, a person may experience aches and pains more frequently.
Let’s say goodbye to those excruciating body aches with a relaxing massage because we’ve got something special for you.
How can a massage heal sore muscles and body ache?
If your muscles are sore and very tender, a Swedish massage works best as it stimulates blood and lymph circulation, bringing newly oxygenated blood to tender areas. This oxygenated blood flushes out the toxic waste in your muscles, which is the cause of typical soreness and body pain.
If you have chronic muscle soreness, injury, or body pain, a Deep tissue massage is a good option. This massage uses more pressure than a Swedish massage. It can help relieve tight muscles, chronic muscle pain, and anxiety. During a deep tissue massage, the therapist will use slow strokes and deep finger pressure to relieve tension from the deepest layers of your muscles and connective tissues.
But that’s not all! Ridhi Spa brings to you VIMUKTI: A traditional Ayurvedic recipe for pain relief.
Vimukti is a Sanskrit word which means freedom and we at Ridhi Spa are all about freeing you from all the tension and stress.
We’ve added this new addition to all our oil massages to give you ultimate relaxation.
This one of a kind oil is imbibed with the goodness of Wintergreen oil and Ajwain, naturally relieves body ache and soothes sore muscles.
These essential oils are blended with lavender, sunflower and Vitamin E enriched Olive Oil, making it more effective for relieving pain, soreness, redness and marks on your skin.
What is Wintergreen oil?
Wintergreen essential oil is traditionally derived from the wintergreen plant, also known as Gandhapoora. It is a pale yellow or pinkish fluid liquid that is strongly aromatic with a sweet, woody odor and contains methyl salicylate, a healing agent.
Wintergreen oil is used as a folk remedy for muscle and joint discomfort, arthritis, poor circulation, headache, hypertension, cramps, inflammation and hair care.
– Contains a healing agent that helps relieve pain
– Has analgesic that combats headache & lower back pain
– Has anti-inflammatory properties to soothe sore muscles
What is Ajwain?
Ajwain is derived from a herb plant that is cultivated in Iran and India. Ajwain seeds, also called carom seeds, vary from being slightly olive green to brown in color and have a bitter and pungent taste. It is one of those rare spices that gives you the best of both worlds by adding flavor and being good for health. These small seeds are quite similar in appearance like that of fennel seeds. It is often used for culinary purposes in small quantities but its benefits go beyond the kitchen.
– Contains thymol that can relieve pain
– Has antibiotic properties that reduce skin redness
– Possess anesthetic properties that soothe away pain & swelling
– Works great for arthritis pain